Monday, September 6, 2010

Leather Flight Jacket

One of the hottest items this Fall is the Leather Flight Jacket---> isn't it amazing?? I have done some research and found two of almost the same; same craftsmanship from two different designers!

The first one is by the fabulous retail designer H&M for the luxury price of $299.00. Now for a retailer, this is a really great buy. The fabric used is impeccable and it is actually genuine leather.














On the other hand there is a similar Flight Jacket by Manhattan based and incredible fashion designer (and one of my fave designers) Rachel Roy. Rachel's version is a vest, though. So I'm guessing $50 per sleeve in order to give you this fairer price. This vest is also 100% leather. AND it's only $199.00!!








Now you can pay $299 H&M's and get a pretty cool jacket, or you can buy the (bigger) brand name vest by Rachel Roy for only $199.00.... in my opinion, I love them both, but in this economy (and the fact that a name brand is cheaper than a retailer), I'd choose Rachel Roy's. Even though her version is a vest, you can always layer it with a really chic and comfy sweater or even a classic turtlenect. I'll buy all other items from H&M that is not an exact replica for cheap elsewhere. :-)
So the question is... Which one would YOU purchase??

No comments:

Post a Comment